Monday, October 25, 2010

In The Storm

On the way home from a Bible study last night, we began to see a BEAUTIFUL lightening show.  My friend and I were talking away as we drove along Hwy 19 when it started to rain.  There had been a storm earlier in the night, but it had passed and the radar had been checked before we left, with no signs of another storm coming.  When the rain and wind got out of control, we pulled over.  The noise was incredible, then came hail, small and then baseball size.  It lasted about 15 minutes, but it seemed like an eternity.  We prayed for protection, rebuked the storm, but were still scared, having a physical feeling of zero control over the situation.  It was paralyzing.  I know the Lord heard our prayers; we are safe today.  It would be awesome to say that we were cool as cucumbers, knowing that whatever happened was the Lord's will.
Brent reminded me today of all the troubles Paul went through and how much more frightening those situations were in comparison.  This is true.  My nerves are just now beginning to receive that. 
Thank you, God.  You were in the storm, protecting us with your mighty arm!
"For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, whom I serve, saying, Fear not Paul;" Acts 27:23-24

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jesus, that we have the strong arm of the Lord on our side! I am so glad that we can run to Him when we are scared and He doesn't just say, "Get over it girl!" No, he sends the conforter...God IS Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing picture and a great story, Kerry Jo!

    ReplyDelete