Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Visit To The State Fair

I would rate it better than Six Flags.  The Fletcher corndogs were okay.  Within an hour we had already spent a good amount of money; that part my precious husband wasn't fired up about.  However, it was because we brought him, that we spent that money.  I was interested in the free sections.  He and the kids were interested in the RIDES! Next year I may enter one of the cooking contests, spend more time in the shopping areas and watch one of the "Celebrity Chef" spots.  Hannah thought it would be neat to enter a quilt too.  We shall see.  Brent "grew up" going to the fair.  I grew up in Missouri City (basically Houston), so we never attended the fair.  We spent many hours at AstroWorld, which I believe now to be another Six Flags Park.  I do not usually ride carnival rides.  So, as when I was young, once again today I was the junk holder while the rest of the family rode them.  Hey, at least it saved us some money!
We prayed the blood of Jesus over some scary lookin' rides and exhibits.  We were kind of taken back by even the music.  Why would little kid rides blare out Eminem music?  The enemy is SO very prevalent.  It was another great opportunity to show the kids how the devil distorts and perverts innocence and also makes wicked things look fun and innocent.  Of course, even the haunted houses bring in people like it's a road to salvation. Wow, wacky.  I'm thankful for my convictions, for God's Word that sensitizes me and convicts me.  Even though I've been called "on the fringe", I will press on, seeking Him, wanting to be more like Him and asking for forgiveness when I mess up.  Praise the King!  I like being Jesus' fringe!
 

2 comments:

  1. Well...love your blog! Thanks for the post about the Fair! I haven't been down the midway since High School and have forgotten. Anticipating your next post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Kerry Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete