Friday, January 21, 2011

Exceedingly More

This week has been a challenging one in regards to our health.  Luke and Hannah had been running fevers, coughing and complaining of sore throats for a few days before we decided to take them to the doctor.  We don't have health insurance for such visits, so I wasn't looking forward to it.


As I sat in the waiting room, I thought about how much it was going to cost per kid.  It wasn't that we didn't have the money, it was that I didn't feel like giving it to a doctor ;).  I sent a text to a friend asking that she pray that we get a 2 for 1!  Sitting there, irritated, I was humbled.  Who was I to ask that I get a discount???  What nerve I had to ask God for special treatment.  I had already been praying for healing along with everything else.

We went back to see the nurse and I asked if she would just see Luke and then we'd go from there.  The doctor looked at Luke's throat and asked him some questions.  Then he turned to look at Hannah's throat and then asked me some questions about how I was feeling.  "Coincidently", I had started feeling bad that morning and by then was running a fever too.  When we finished up, the doctor gave us a prescription that was large enough to cover all THREE of us and only charged us for a 1 person visit.  Even that charge was less than I had been quoted from the receptionist as a cash price.  God immediately brought to my remembrance Ephesians 3:20, "Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think".

God is good, all the time... even when we don't feel worthy.

Praise His Holy Name!!!

4 comments:

  1. KJ....thank you so much for sharing this with us. You recognized your thought process and was humbled....and he blessed you!!!! So good to read tonight!

    Lord, continue to heal the Newtons. Give Hannah a quick recovery...allow her body the rest she needs to get back to the sweet child of yours she is. Allow this weekend to be a blessed time together as a family. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time, God is good! And He will give you the desires of your heart! Keep your chin up and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the Lord says in Matthew 6:30 "if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" How wonderful a testiment to God's great provision that you excersized faith! For the Lord loves us more than the grass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KJ,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts ~ especially about "deserving" and feeling unworthy of asking God for more. These are fears that we all deal with and many times are just too proud to admit. :) Glad you are all feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete