Friday, February 25, 2011

She opens her mouth...

...in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26

Ouchie. Kindness; we must be intentional to show it.  Intentional is the buzz word this week.  It was used several times this past weekend at the Sally Clarkson Conference.

I was convicted to intentionally carve out blocks of time for opportunities to praise my children with Godly character traits.  There is the normal "I am so proud of you", "good job", "I appreciate your help", etc.  However, they don't always balance out the, "how many times do I need to tell you to...", "answer the question that is being asked" and "what? really?".

We will discuss Godly character traits frequently.  I will speak more life into my children.  We are going to have daily tea (or some kind of liquid) when we read great stories outloud. We will be diligent about not missing too many of these days. My children will be filled up with the love of Christ and my love.

God is good, He loves me and rebukes me with His word.  He also encourages me with His word.  I need to do that with my words.  I don't want to find my kids in a deficit.  I know how that feels and it is not fun.

Am I willing to give up things to sew into my children's lives? ~ Sally Clarkson

Yes, yes I am. PTK!

Love,

1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom and I am so glad to know you as a friend! Your children are blessed...and will be continually blessed as you walk this out:)

    ReplyDelete